Join us for our supreme albatross and penguin tour hosted by Monarch Wildlife Cruises, Royal Albatross Centre and Blue Penguins Pukekura.
Your excellent Sundowner package includes a one hour wildlife cruise with Monarch Wildlife Cruises, a 60minute guided Albatross tour at the Royal Albatross Centre, a delicious dinner in the Albatross Cafe, Blue Penguin Pukekura reserve tour plus transport to and from Dunedin. Make the most of your only chance to see the world’s only mainland Albatross breeding colony and the world’s smallest penguin by enjoying this inclusive tour.
• Pick up from the i-SITE Dunedin Visitor Centre by Monarch Wildlife Cruises (accommodation pick up available, please let us know)
• Scenic Otago Peninsula drive
• One hour wildlife cruise with Monarch Wildlife Cruise from Wellers Rock
• Our 60 minute Albatross Classic guided tour to view the world’s only mainland breeding colony of Royal albatross – our Observatory accommodates up to 18 – 25 visitors.
• Dinner in the Albatross Café – Fish and Chips (w Salad). note: please email email@example.com if you have any dietary requirements.
• Blue Penguins Pukekura Tour to view the world’s smallest penguins. Viewing Platform holds 100 visitors.
• Dunedin accommodation drop off (within CBD area)
Tour last approximately 6.5 – 7 hours. –MORE information below;
Available from: 1 Oct 2016 – 30 Mar 2017 pick up 3:30pm each day from the Dunedin i-SITE or accommodation pick up within CBD area is available. Please inform us if you wish to be picked up from your hotel/motel.
Tour end times varies during the summer period. This is due to constantly changing daylight hours and the arrival time of the blue penguins.
Rate: (valid from 1 Oct 2016 – 30 Sept 2017)
Bookings are highly essential as spaces are limited.
Albatross & Blue Penguin viewing:
Albatross breeding season – from 17th Sept – 23rd Nov, tours will be running to a smaller viewing location. Albatross sightings are not guaranteed during this period as the birds are returning to begin their breeding season, despite regular sightings on our tours. Maximum numbers on the Albatross tour are 18 – 25 visitors and our Blue Penguin tour, our viewing platform holds a maximum of 100 visitors. Other visitors will be accompanying on the Monarch Cruise, Albatross tour and Blue Penguin viewing.
We encourage photography and the wildlife viewing offers excellent photographic opportunities. We ask that NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY is used on our tours. Please help us to be respectful of the welfare of the wildlife. Our viewing areas are sheltered, visitors will be looking through a one way glass system to reduce visual disturbance on the nesting albatross. (please contact us for more information if required).
If you have dietary requirements, please contact us at the Albatross Cafe for other menu choices.
All tour options involve outdoor activity in a area where maritime weather prevails, the weather can change very quickly on the Otago peninsula year round. Always take warm clothing and solid footwear is required.
Some walking is involved to get to and from the various viewing areas and tours require a reasonable fitness level.