Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Otago Peninsula Photo Contest is hosted by the Royal Albatross Centre as part of Otago Peninsula Trust Enterprises. Partners include Blue Penguins Pukekura and Glenfalloch Garden.
All entries must represent the subjects as authentically as possible, free from excessive digital manipulation, with honesty in captioning and total regard for the welfare of the animals, plants and environment of Otago Peninsula.
- The competition opens at 8am on 1 April 2017 and closes at 5pm on 25 April 2017. No entries will be accepted outside of these dates
- All entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The entrant must be the original author of the work entered as described in the Copyright Act 1994. Any attempt at plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification. To enter you must be the photographer of the submitted content and either the legal copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.
- Photograph entries will not be returned.
- Photographs must be submitted to one of five categories: Otago Peninsula, Glenfalloch, Royal Albatross Centre Observatory, Pilot’s Beach and the Taiaroa Head viewing area.
- Photographic entries must have been taken no earlier than 1 January 2015.
- Each person can submit five photographic entries across any category or combination of categories.
- If more than five photographic entries are submitted, only the first five photography entries will be counted as the official entry.
- Photographic entries must adhere to the following specifications. Photography entries: minimum file size 1MB; 300 DPI. Must not be watermarked or been previously entered into the Otago Peninsula Photo Contest.
- Submitted photographic entries that fail to meet the specified format will not be considered and will be disqualified from entry with no correspondence entered into.
- Panorama photographs will not be accepted as entries to the competition.
- Images that are obviously heavily photoshopped will not be accepted as entries to the competition.
- Entrants may be required to provide the original source of their photo for enlargement and display purposes. Please note, images may be cropped for display purposes in the competition exhibition or marketing collateral.
- If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant The Otago Peninsula Trust a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in The Otago Peninsula Trust’s internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fund raising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and membership services, annual report and The Otago Peninsula Trust magazine.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for Trust-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the Trusts photo library and accessible to Trust’s staff via the Trust’s internal online photo archive.
- The organisers acknowledge the moral rights provisions of the Copyright Act 1994, including the right to be identified as the author of the work and the right to object to derogatory treatment of the work.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to obtain appropriate written permission from people or owners of property that are identifiable in their work. The entrant must produce evidence of that consent to the organisers if requested.
- The entrant fully indemnifies the organisers against any claims arising from the display or use of unaltered work as described herein and from the infringement of intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The organisers reserve the right to not show entries in the exhibition that have been deemed inappropriate for their audience.
- If the organisers are unable to open or upload the entries submitted because of technical errors caused by file quality or if the file is damaged, the organiser reserves the right not to include the entries in the competition. No correspondence will be entered into with the entrant.
- All entries will be treated with care, but no responsibility will be accepted in the case of loss or damage. Insurance is the entrant’s sole responsibility unless agreed in writing with the organiser.
- Entrants agree to be contacted by the organisers regarding this competition.
- The entrant’s consent to these Terms and Conditions is through their uploading of photos or video to the competition online.
- Winners will be displayed at the Royal Albatross Centre from May 2017. Winners will be contacted and prizes posted to them.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.