Discover why Dunedin is New Zealand’s wildlife and heritage capital and Otago Peninsula the highlight daytrip. Meet Dunedin’s Royal Family on your Famous Five adventure…
Famous Five Must Dos:
- Gaze at gigantic Royal Albatross, see the world’s only mainland breeding colony – Royal Albatross Centre
- Meet the world’s smallest little blue penguins arrive home to their natural habitat – Blue Penguins Pukekura
- Discover a secret military base hidden with the world’s only fully restored disappearing gun – Fort Taiaroa
- Visit a beautiful historic garden, hear native birdsong and greet a 1000 year old Matai Tree – Glenfalloch Woodland Garden
- See how your great-grandparents lived in a restored and furnished 1909 villa Fletcher House
Plan P Tookit:
- Map Royal-Albatross-Centre-Blue-Penguins-Pukekura-Brochure-2019
- Bird Spotting Guide Bird-Spotting-Sheet Otago Peninsula
- Plan Maker Plan P = Plan-P-Peninsula-Wildlife-Safari-ITINERARY
- Guide Handbook Otago-Peninsula-Handbook-WINTER-2020
WINTER ITINERARY IDEA – check our websites for our Mates’ Rates special deals 2020
10.00 am: Drive to Glenfalloch Garden from Dunedin.
10.15 am: Explore GLENFALLOCH GARDEN look for native birds
11.15 am: Drive to Fletcher House (10 mins) Open Weekends 11am-4pm
11.30 am: Enter a time warp at FLETCHER HOUSE tour
12.15 pm: Drive to Portobello (5 mins)
12.30 pm: Leisurely lunch at a Portobello Village Cafe, Enjoy the playground or visit local craft shops.
OR drive straight to the Royal Albatross Centre for lunch at TOROA CAFE and explore the area, wander to Pilots Beach for some bird spotting
2.15 pm: Make your way to the Royal Albatross Centre (15 mins)
3.00 pm: Take a UNIQUE ALBATROSS our ultimate albatross and history tour. Book 03 478 0499
4.30 pm: Have afternoon tea at the TOROA CAFE and explore the centre’s displays.
5.15 – 5.45 pm: BLUE PENGUINS PUKEKURA Tour meets at Royal Albatross Centre. Book 03 478 0499
6.30 -7.00pm: Drive back to Dunedin. Perhaps have dinner at one of Otago Peninsula’s lovely restaurants
TIP – Book a Famous Sunday Roast at The Royal Albatross Centre Cafe. Make sure you book tours – they’re popular!