Royal Albatross Centre Gift Shop
Come visit our treasure trove, the Royal Albatross Centre gift shop, which specialises in wild choices of locally sourced New Zealand souvenirs and artworks with themes reflecting the native wildlife of our unique area. Visit us in person for a lovely day out or browse some of our gifts from the comfort of your home – ONLINE SHOP
Shop Ethically | Shop Locally | Support Ecotourism
Why shop with us?
- Our selection. Whether you’re treating yourself, buying a gift for someone dear or celebrating a visitor memory – we’ve something special for you!
- Our exclusive ranges. We commission unique branded items, soft toys, art and clothing featuring our amazing albatross
- Our support of local crafts. We’re dedicated to showcasing local artists and craftspeople – come see our range of Dunedin products
- Our commitment to the environment. We’re leading the charge to become more environmentally caring, with a great range of world-friendly gifts.
- Your convenience. With a huge carpark, a cafe, birdwatching opportunities and a relaxed atmosphere – we’re your perfect escape from city stress
- Your experience. Our friendly team will give you great advice to help you select your perfect gift. They’re also wildlife experts, so you’ll pick up some tips too.
- Your conscience. We’re owned by NZ’s first private charitable conservation trust, so your purchases help wildlife thrive. We’re a not for profit conservation trust. All profits from the gift store go back to The Otago Peninsula Trust – to help preserve and enhance the Otago Peninsula.
Our gift range specialises in local wildlife – Albatrosses, penguins, sea lions and seals, as well as idyllic landscapes of the Otago Peninsula and the many unique Dunedin attractions for your memories.
Jewellery handcrafted from Paua shell, magnificently carved pounamu necklaces (the true NZ greenstone/jade found only on the West Coast of the South Island), locally crafted and hand-painted pottery, NZ merino wool clothing. Fluffy toys for grandchildren.
The beautiful and the uncommon – we’re the albatross specialists and have a wonderful selection of albatross and other wild gifts.Otago Peninsula is the treasure trove of Dunedin, Wildlife Capital of New Zealand.
“People love to know we are not-for-profit and love to know that the money goes to the right place”
Mel McCosh | Retail Manager
Dunedin /Otago Suppliers: OCHO Chocolate, Bay Road Peanut Butter, Otago Salts, Harrington point Honey, Ben I Te Aika Poumanu, Jackie Ryder Design, Cathy Shemansky, Norman Hunter , Dunedin Pottery, Felix Barnaby Knitwear
NZ Made Suppliers: McDonald Textiles , Weft Knitwear, Lothlorian , Untouched World , Tumbleweed Conservation T-Shirts, Taramea Perfume, NZ Dimensions , Shale Manufacturing, Hansby Design, Hansen and Berry, Kiwi General Store, Wild Ferns NZ Skincare, Ideal Cup NZ, Ethique Skincare, MF Hunter Holdings, Rozcraft Rotorua, Felstead NZ, Socks Pacific, PostArt, Pikitia, McAuslin Merino and St Bathans Gallery