View the world’s only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross, enjoy a wildlife cruise aboard the Monarch or come and join Penguin Place for an interpretive tour on our Triple Crown Combo Tour.
DOUBLE ALBATROSS COMBO
- Adult Ages 18+ • Save $11!
- Child Ages 5-17 • Save $3!
Albatross Classic + Monarch Wildlife Cruises!
Drive yourself out along the beautiful & scenic roads of the Otago Peninsula and combine a Royal Albatross Centre land tour with an invigorating Monarch Wildlife Cruise.
Monarch Wildlife Cruise – Enjoy a wildlife cruise aboard the Monarch, which takes you around the spectacular Taiaroa Head to see what can’t be seen from land – several species of albatross, fur seals and other marine mammals and up to 20 species of ocean birds.
Royal Albatross Centre – Afterwards make your way to the Royal Albatross Centre to enjoy an Albatross Tour. Home to the world’s only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross – watch these magnificent monarchs of the ocean at their nests from within the Pukekura (Taiaroa Head) nature reserve.
This is a self-drive tour. Itinerary will be provided once booking has been made
Things to Know
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to the tour & cruise departure time to confirm your arrival.
- The Royal Albatross Centre is located at the tip of the Otago Peninsula, a 50 minute scenic drive from the Dunedin city.
- Monarch Wildlife Cruises departure point is located at Wellers Rock at 813 Harington Point Road, Otakou – 3kms before the Royal Albatross Centre
- Make sure you allow time to enjoy a delicious meal in the Toroa Cafe open all day.
- Photography is allowed on our tours, but no flash. Viewing the albatross is behind a one way glass system to reduce our disturbance on the albatross and wildlife.
- The weather at Taiaroa Head can prevail, please bring warm and waterproof clothes.