A Triple Combo – see the world’s only mainland colony of Royal Albatross on a guided tour at the Albatross Centre, then join a wildlife cruise aboard the Monarch, and finish at Penguin Place with a guided tour to see the rare Yellow-Eyed Penguin.
DOUBLE ALBATROSS COMBO
- Adult Ages 18+ • Save $11!
- Child Ages 5-17 • Save $3!
- Infant Ages 0-4
Albatross Classic + Monarch Wildlife Cruises!
Drive yourself out along the beautiful & scenic roads of the Otago Peninsula and combine a Royal Albatross Centre land tour with an invigorating Monarch Wildlife Cruise.
Royal Albatross Centre – Make your way to the Royal Albatross Centre to enjoy an Albatross Tour. Home to the world’s only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross – watch these magnificent monarchs of the ocean at their nests from within the Pukekura (Taiaroa Head) nature reserve.
Monarch Wildlife Cruise – Afterwards, enjoy a wildlife cruise aboard the Monarch, which takes you around the spectacular Taiaroa Head to see what can’t be seen from land – several species of albatross, fur seals and other marine mammals and up to 20 species of ocean birds.
This is a self-drive tour. Itinerary will be provided once booking has been made
Please note: October is difficult to guarantee albatross sightings as chicks depart the headland in September and new season nests are built in late October.
During tours in October, we hope to see some new season adults either on the ground, in the air or both, but there is a small chance we may not see any.
Things to Know
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to the tour & cruise departure time to confirm your arrival.
- The Royal Albatross Centre is located at the tip of the Otago Peninsula, a 50 minute scenic drive from the Dunedin city.
- Monarch Wildlife Cruises departure point is located at Wellers Rock at 813 Harington Point Road, Otakou – 3kms before the Royal Albatross Centre
- Make sure you allow time to enjoy a delicious meal in the Toroa Cafe open all day.
- Photography is allowed on our tours, but no flash. Viewing the albatross is behind a one way glass system to reduce our disturbance on the albatross and wildlife.
- The weather at Taiaroa Head can prevail, please bring warm and waterproof clothes.