The ultimate – a 90 minute guided tour telling the story of the Northern Royal Albatross and the People history of Pukekura/Taiaroa Head. Learn about our exciting history.
ALL OUR TOURS
VISIT THE WORLD’S ONLY MAINLAND ALBATROSS COLONY
Watch Dunedin’s famous Royals from our exclusive ‘Royal Box’ observatory. Be awed by the chance to see a majestic giant of the seas with a three-metre wingspan. Learn intimate insights and view the breeding cycle of the northern royal albatross-toroa. Don’t miss your chance to visit the stars of New Zealand’s wildlife capital and encounter the magic of awesome albatross.
Make sure to book
- Visit the only mainland breeding colony of Northern Royal Albatross in the world.
- Learn fascinating insights into these majestic monarchs of the sea from our passionate and knowledgeable guides.
- Explore a hidden underground tunnel system underneath the albatross colony and view the world’s only fully restored Armstrong Disappearing gun
- Join our Virtual Albatross Experience from the comfort of your home
- Come into the exclusive observatory and have the chance to view these charismatic birds raising their young.
- On a breezy day, you may even see them fly by with their huge 3-metre wingspan – a sight you’ll always remember.
- Booking a tour is highly recommended as spaces on tour are limited!
CONNECT WITH US:
Tours, Cafe, Gift Shop and Centre: Open 10:15am – 4:30pm
Booking on tour is recommended as spaces are limited!
“Closed Christmas Day”