The ultimate tour – a 90 minute guided tour combining the Albatross Classic with the Fort Taiaroa to include the human history of Pukekura / Taiaroa Head.
ALL OUR TOURS
A Triple Combo – see the world’s only mainland colony of Royal Albatross on a guided tour at the Albatross Centre, then join a wildlife cruise aboard the Monarch, and finish at The OPERA (previously Penguin Place) with a guided tour to see the rare Yellow-Eyed Penguin.
VISIT THE WORLD’S ONLY MAINLAND ALBATROSS COLONY
Watch Dunedin’s famous Royals from our exclusive ‘Royal Box’ observatory. Be awed by the chance to see a majestic giant of the seas with a three-metre wingspan. Learn intimate insights and view the breeding cycle of the northern royal albatross-toroa. Don’t miss your chance to visit the stars of New Zealand’s wildlife capital and encounter the magic of awesome albatross.
Make sure to book
- Visit the only mainland breeding colony of Northern Royal Albatross in the world.
- Learn fascinating insights into these majestic monarchs of the sea from our passionate and knowledgeable guides.
- Explore a hidden underground tunnel system underneath the albatross colony and view the world’s only fully restored Armstrong Disappearing gun
- Join our Virtual Albatross Experience from the comfort of your home
- Come into the exclusive observatory and have the chance to view these charismatic birds raising their young.
- On a breezy day, you may even see them fly by with their huge 3-metre wingspan – a sight you’ll always remember.
- Booking a tour is highly recommended as spaces on tour are limited!
CONNECT WITH US:
Royal Albatross Centre tours, gift shop, cafe and information gallery: Open everyday from 10:15am
Closed on Christmas Day.
Booking on tour is recommended as spaces are limited!