The royal albatross centre
A visit to the Royal Albatross Centre should be on everyone’s bucket list to view these majestic seabirds and take a visit through Fort Taiaroa and its rich culture and history.
Our centre is managed by the Otago Peninsual Trust, New Zealand’s oldest not for profit charitable conservation trust, funds and revenue from tickets sold goes back into Toroa/Albatross support and projects on the Otago Peninsula.
Book you guided tour with us today!
Our Unique Taiaroa guided tour combines our Albatross Classic and Fort Taiaroa guided tours together in an amazing 90-minute experience.
- Learn about these fascinating seabirds
- Hear about the conservation efforts
- Learn the history for Pukekura/ Taiaroa Head
- View a fully restored 1886 Armstrong Disappearing gun
Join us in viewing these magnificent seabirds on our 60-minute Albatross Classic Tour,
- Learn the fascinating life of a Royal Albatross
- The chance to see their impressive three-metre wingspan!
- See nesting albatross